So, as we previewed drafting from a commissioner’s point of view last week, we thought we’d give you a little recap of our draft from Sunday.
The first half of our Dynasty-duel 24-team League drafted yesterday. As expected it was a shit-storm of Sharknado proportions. Sponsored by Jack Daniels, this auction/dynasty league gets a little rowdy.
Highlights include our Rookie-only Draft
- Sammy Watkins going to the 0-16 Steel Curtain
- Mike Evans going to Bouncing Back
- Bishop Sankey going to Liquor Borders
- Brandon Cooks going to Hawk Hunters
- Jeremy Hill going to The Diddys
- Jordan Mathews going to Ministers of Good Taste
As penalty shots flowed for such infractions as calling out a player that’s owned
(“the Chung”), bidding up yourself during the auction, and your girlfriend/wife entering the draft room (probably to give you some advice) just to name a few – it got a little dicey at Round 8.
The teams that came out favorites:
- Ministers of Good Taste: of course, barring a Jay Cutler melt down (he’s not kind to us), with Matt Forte, Lamar Miller, Brandon Marshall, and Demaryius Thomas we are poised to repeat last years 2nd place points finish.
- Dynasty: While only making it through Round 4 as coherent participant; Aaron Rodgers, Dez Bryant, ‘All Day’ AP, and Jordy Nelson will lead them to the playoffs for a 4th year in a row.
- BG Smokers: Phillp Rivers leads a team that includes young studs Eddie Lacy and Montee Ball along with AJ Green and a healthy Julio Jones. If team owner Kevin doesn’t waiver-wire or trade himself out of contention, he could make a run.
The bottom feeders could end up being:
- Last year’s 0-16 Steel Curtain. While owner Mike stayed semi-sober during the draft, betting on Arian Foster, MJD, and Riley Cooper to lead your team is quite possibly a disaster.
- Liquor Borders. While their owner didn’t partake in the JD, he also didn’t walk away with the same quality pieces as in past years; relying on Tom Brady & Marshawn Lynch along with aging Andre Johnson to lead his squad.
It’s a long season and many drunken Sunday nights of trade rape will occur to swing the balance. Luckily we have the other half drafting next Sunday for additional drunken footballing – this time it’s Jager…. Yeah!(?).
~ E.S.Norton ~